DIY Lamination Alternative
September 14, 2021
We have been busy working with labels at our workplace. We wanted it to look neat so we decided to canvas for label lamination. Later, I found out that it costs too much and our office couldn't handle the expenses.
We really wanted to look neat or at least display simply covered label. But I need to find a cheaper alternative since it will be charged to my personal expense. I grabbed a clear plastic cover and tried it on an electric iron. The result was good, though not as good as when you use a laminating film but it's a great alternative.
- Clear plastic cut based on the size of your label
- Printed labels
- electric iron
- Any large piece of cloth enough to cover the label.
- Wrap the label with clear plastic. Crease the edges.
- Cover it with a piece of thin cloth.
- Set the iron to medium-high heat. Run it over the cloth 10-20 times. Please be extra careful on setting the heat and never leave it in one place for too long.
- Flip the label and repeat steps 2-3. As you can see the plastic tightend then it will harden after a few minutes.
- Label is now neatly covered.
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 170 Feedbacks
September 26, 20210 found this helpful
All the pieces of paper we carry with us or keep in the glove compartment of our car which get raggedy or torn over time: emergency contact information, licenses, insurance slip, copy of medications .... Thank you for this terrific idea!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.