FacialsBeauty Recipes

DIY Moisturizing Sheet Masks

I'm looking into making sheet masks for myself and I'd like to make them "in bulk" for a weekly to biweekly basis. I'm curious as to if I could do this and if so, how long would they store for. They're going to be moisturizing masks as that's really my only skin problem, think honey and aloe vera.

Ingredients like honey and aloe vera do not spoil and dont have to be refrigerated. I think it can be done

Yes, should be fine! Plus it's trial and error. :) Make smaller batches and see what you like best.

Example: www.rockymountainsoap.com/.../diy-aloe-honey-face-mask This blog recommends unpasteurized honey as it never goes bad.

Hi,

This sounds like a great idea. I have found that using Ivory soap, the bar kind, is helpful before putting the mask on. I love the ingredients you chose and I would love for you to keep us all updated on how it works out!

Blessings,

Robyn

Honey does not go bad, but aloe vera can get rancid so I would be very careful and make small batches that you keep in a cool place.

Honey will not freeze to a hard consistency, but aloe vera in some forms will, so you could do trial and error and test freezing it.

Always test it on a small place on your skin (not your face--but the back of your hand or inside your wrist) to make sure you don't react to it after you have experimented with a storage method.

If you have any reaction, toss it. If the spot gets red or warm, call the doctor because that could be an infection.

Best wishes for your project!!

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FacialsFebruary 3, 2019
🎃
🎂
🌻