GiftsCrafts

DIY Scratcher Cards

There are so many fun options you could do with this do it yourself scratch off coat. You can make scratcher cards as fun gifts (doesn't necessarily have to involve money). Use this idea toward gender reveals, prom/dances, games, etc.

*If you are making an abundance - it would be easier to print on a heavy card stock versus handwriting/hand-making each one.

This was my trial run to make as a gift for my cousin - he's turning 18th so what better gift than a scratcher (and it'll be his first win!)

Total Time: 20 minutes + drying time

1. I wanted to make a simple scratcher card. I used a circular stencil and traced 6 circles.
  2. I wrote Match 3 and Win!!! And added random dollar amounts.
  3. Using a crayon (this will be the part that helps create your scratcher). I used a yellow crayon and traced/filled the circles.
  4. Mix equal parts of dish soap and acrylic paint; stir. You can use clear, but I had green dish soap on hand. *I used 2 spoons full of dish soap and acrylic paint, you don't even need much, but it depends how much you are filling. Reduce or increase depending on how much you have to paint.
  5. Using a paintbrush, dip into your mixed solution and paint the circles. Allow to dry.
  6. Once dried, you will need another coat. Allow to dry between each coat. I could have gone in for another coat (3rd), but this was a demo.
  7. Ready to scratch! I had my fiancé scratch the card and he said it was fun! *This was a demo card before I made the real card because I wanted to test if it'll work and it does.

This is a fantastic idea. I am a teacher and this would be great in any classroom. You have my vote!

Love it, Michelle!