DIY Shirt Collar Stays from Magnetic Hotel Keys
When the creative juices begin to flow anything is possible. Try making shirt collar stays from magnetic hotel keys. Recycled crafts are are an excellent way to keep crafting affordable, plus they help the environment as well.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
August 12, 2019
This is a simple way to recycle magnetic keys from past hotel stays into shirt stays. One key makes 6 stays.
Total Time: 15 min
- 1 hotel magnetic door key
- pair heavy duty scissors
- 1 shirt stay as pattern
- First find a shirt collar stay.
- Gather your supplies.
- Use a pencil to outline the stay on the magnetic key until you have 6 drawn side by side.
- Use heavy duty scissors to cut out the stays.
- Trim the stays. It's important to have a rounded point at one end to fit right in the shirt.
- Finally if you don't have a shirt stay as a sample they are appropriately 2 1/2" long and 1/4" wide. These make great recycled gifts as well.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.