DIY Shirt Collar Stays from Magnetic Hotel Keys
August 12, 2019
This is a simple way to recycle magnetic keys from past hotel stays into shirt stays. One key makes 6 stays.
Total Time: 15 min
- 1 hotel magnetic door key
- pair heavy duty scissors
- 1 shirt stay as pattern
- First find a shirt collar stay.
- Gather your supplies.
- Use a pencil to outline the stay on the magnetic key until you have 6 drawn side by side.
- Use heavy duty scissors to cut out the stays.
- Trim the stays. It's important to have a rounded point at one end to fit right in the shirt.
- Finally if you don't have a shirt stay as a sample they are appropriately 2 1/2" long and 1/4" wide. These make great recycled gifts as well.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.