DIY Tissue Paper Tassel Garland
This colorful garland is made from colorful tissue paper. It's a perfect decoration for a party or other celebration.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an inexpensive, trendy, and easy to make decor project for any party/event! It is great for an engagement celebration, bridal shower, wedding, birthday, anniversary, baby showers, and so forth. You can store and re-use this a handful of times.
- assorted tissue paper
- glue or tape
- Unravel one sheet of tissue paper. Fold the tissue paper in half the long way. Then fold in half, and in half again.
- Cut 1 cm strips leaving about 2" inches at the top.
- Unfold once and cut in half, so you can make two tassels with using one sheet of tissue paper.
- Unravel the sheet of tissue paper so you have two fringed ends.
- Time to roll the tissue paper like an egg roll.
- Once you get to the end, twist gently at the center.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 until you have enough tassels to start your garland. Optional: I used assorted tissue paper colors (purple, yellow, green, blue, pink, gold).
- Ready to assemble your garland. You will fold the garland in half and twist to create a loop. Apply some glue or tape. Repeat until you finish all your tassels.
- The loop is so you can thread in your twine. If you want your tassels to be more fuller, instead of cutting the sheet of tissue paper in half, use the entire sheet.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.