DIY Workout Enhancer Lotion
One of my trainer friends gifted me a waist trimmer wrap to keep me inspired with my fitness goals. It's been a wonderful addition to my exercise routine as it's not just to "trim the waist", but to keep good posture and helps you sweat a bit extra. The key benefit for me is that the lotion you wear with the waist wrap has been helping with my uneven tummy area after losing 125 pounds. Loose skin, stretch marks, and bumps are fought with the nourishing fatty acids and anti-inflammatory benefits of this lotion. I see a noticeable difference using the wrap over the lotion on my tummy when I exercise or clean the house. (I have been using this for months.) The problem is that the lotion it comes with is commercially $30, and it also contains petroleum jelly, which I'm not the biggest fan of. Now I make my own all-natural and much-cheaper version and it works great. You don't have to have the commercial waist trimmer either, you can use any kind of cloth belt or wrap alongside this lotion.
If you would like to read my article on how I lost 125 pounds, the link is below!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Link: How I Lost 125 Pounds on a Budget
- 1 clean jar with lid
- ½ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup castor oil
- 2 Tbsp aloe vera gel
- 5 drops mint essential oil
- Place shea butter and coconut oil in a microwaveable bowl and heat for 45 seconds. Mix well.
- Stir in the castor oil until smooth.
- I scraped out 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel fresh from the stalk, but you can also use a packaged version. Mix well.
- Add your mint essential oil.
- Pop back in the microwave for about 30 seconds just to melt everything together. Stir well.
- Pour into jar and seal. It will firm up, but when you take some out to spread it on your tummy, it will melt on contact and spread evenly. Wrap belt on top of tummy over the lotion.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!