Date and Grape Mini Cheese Balls
This is a surprisingly good appetizer for the holidays.
- 1 package pitted dates
- 1 bunch small grapes (red or green) same number of grapes as you have dates
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1.5 - 2 cup chopped nuts of your choice (walnuts, or pecans or pistachios)
- Open dates and lay one grape inside each date.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Enclose grape into date. It will not cover the grape entirely.
- Take approximately 1 heaping tsp. of cream cheese and wrap around date/grape. Roll in your hand to form a ball and set aside. It's ok if cream cheese does not completely cover date/grape.
- Roll entire ball in nuts and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, put toothpicks into the little "cheese balls" and serve with crackers.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!