Decalicious Dresser Makeover

This was an unwanted, inexpensive dresser someone had set out in front of their house. I took it home and decided since it was free, I could be a little adventuresome with it. And this is what my husband and I did!

Total Time: 5 hours

1. Clean dresser thoroughly and remove any hardware if necessary. Paint with a base coat of "Kilz" to even out the surface and so the decal will adhere more easily to surface.
  2. Make chalk paint with 1 cup latex paint, 1 1/2 tablespoons water, and 2 1/2 tablespoons Plaster of Paris. Paint. Let dry for 48 hours.
  3. Apply decals according to instructions on decal. We had three decals for four drawers, so we had to measure and cut the decals to fit accordingly. We also had to work the design around the hardware "hearts" in the middle of each drawer.
  4. Advertisement

5. Apply Varathane varnish to the entire dresser, including decals, and let dry.

Crafts Furniture Painting and RefurbishingJune 24, 2020
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
Generated 2020-07-10 15:19:24 in 956 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Decalicious-Dresser-Makeover.html

Painting and RefurbishingFurniture