Decorating Houseplants

Category House Plants
Even your houseplants can enjoy being tricked out with cute or sentimental decorations. This is a guide about decorating houseplants.

I love plants in my home, especially herbs that I can use all year long! I had a small child's toy bear that I added to my bonsai plant and really liked the look! So I went to garage sales and found other animals that would look good in my plants, all just for fun! Take a look!

I just check out flea markets for little plastic animals that I like and try to match them with the plant settings to create little jungles, all just for fun!

These are rosmary and thyme and other houseplants with my little horse. It reminds me of Assateague Island where we vacationed and where the horses roam free!

These chives reminded me of the jungle plants, so I added an elephant to my rainforest.

Deep in the forest, roam the cats!

Grazing wildlife amid the jungle! Adults and kids really love these rainforests!

Add some whimsy to your houseplants! Have fun adding your (or your childrens or grandchildrens) favorite pets and create your own jungle!

Here's a way to give your houseplants a makeover. Use artificial foliage/flowers to fill in ugly bald spots. I have one plant in the hall that uses fake birds of paradise to hold it up, and I filled in bald places on our hanging fern with foliage I picked up at a yard sale. I also put some foliage in the hall plant, which is tall and skinny. We all need a little cosmetic help from time to time!

By pam munro from L.A., CA