Deer and Rabbit Deterrent

If you are troubled by deer or rabbits eating plants in your garden, try my foolproof remedy. After a lot of experimenting, I came up with this easy and inexpensive spray.

Whisk one egg with 1 cup water; pour into a 1 quart pistol grip spray bottle. Add 1 tsp dish soap. Fill rest with water. Set outside in the sun for about 3 days, until it's putrefied. One little squirt does the job. You do not have to over saturate.

I mix up 2 bottles at a time so I always have one in reserve. You must reapply after a rain. Say 'goodbye' to the garden invaders! A lot of friends have tried this and can attest to its effectiveness.

Source: my own recipe

By anne from Green Bay, WI

I'm about ready to try anything. Last winter, a nest of bunnies holed up under the lady's mantle plant in my garden then proceeded to devour two large burning bushes. They started at the bottom where I couldn't see and completely girdled both bushes, killing them.

My question, though, is doesn't this stink pretty bad? I'm guessing that's the whole idea, right?
But, eeeuuuwww.

Sounds interesting, I take it you spray round the plant, not on it ( I grow veg!). Does it attract flies?
Marg from England.

Does this work for keeping the neighbor's dogs from using my garden as a toilet?

I wonder if this is the same as using a pinch of garden sulfur powder in water [rotten egg gas smell], dog owners sometimes feed sulfur powder to their dogs for shinny coats. phuuw

This beats running outside of the house and yelling at the rabbits to leave!

I made a gallon of the simple egg (Egg-Beaters, so I didn't have to strain any unmixed whites) and water and sprayed it on my newly sprouted vegetables over a week ago (and some rain since then). This evening I noticed a few little rabbit droppings in my raised bed but no bunny lips or teeth messed with the plants. On rabbit could have decimated my small garden. This stuff works!