Delicious Hot Cocoa with Chocolate Spoons
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
This recipe is great during these cold winter months for a special gift, Valentine or even nice party favors! Homemade, delicious hot cocoa recipe and wonderfully fancy dipped spoons makes it a really special treat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: no cooking, just melting at 30 second intervals
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 quart of hot cocoa mix plus at least 25 spoons
- 2 1/2 cup sugar (next time I will try the Zing half sugar/half Stevia mix)
- 1 1/3 cup cocoa
- dash salt
- disposable spoons (we found great wooden ones on Amazon!)
- optional ingredients for dipped spoons:
- milk, dark or white chocolate melting wafers (found in grocery or craft stores)
- crushed peppermint candy, jimmies, sea salt, candy sprinkles and/or peanut butter!
- mini marshmallows
- Optional in hot cocoa mix: a dash of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Mix the sugar, cocoa and salt in a big bowl.
- Pour you toppings into small individual bowls in prep for dipping your chocolate coated spoons into them.
- Melt the wafers in a small dish at 30 second increments until it gets soft enough to stir.
- Dip your spoon into the melted chocolate then dip into your topping of choice! Let dry.
- I put my hot cocoa mix into one quart canning jar but you can make 2 pint sized jars or even place some of the mix into a sealable baggie and place it into a pretty cup, then tie your spoons to the handle as a nice little gift or party favor. Easy and fun to create and so pretty when completed!
- You may add instructions (or the recipe) on little tags attached to the cup, if you'd like. It's 2 tablespoons of the cocoa mix per cup of milk or almond milk and it's really good.
- Like old fashioned rich tasting cocoa! Yum!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.