Dental Work Without Insurance

I need a tooth pulled immediately, but I do not have Medicaid or insurance coverage what are my options?

By JM

Best Answer

Call around and see if you can find a dentist that will let you make payments. Also, if there is a dental school in your area, they might pull the tooth, but where I live, the dental students only clean and examine the teeth. Some communities have community health clinics that have a dental office combined with the medical aspect, and the fees are figured on a pro-rated system.

Best Answer

Most areas have dental clinics for very cheap for people in your situation. They don't do the very best job, but you get what you pay for I guess.

Also, your local community college & university should have dental students in school and do basic dental tasks for free when they are in the process of learning. They are supervised by the teacher, so you will be fine.

Best Answer

Call the county health department. Where I live the Health Dept referred me to another county department that gives vouchers to have a tooth extracted.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Call around to dental 'clinics' in your area. There are two dental clinics in my area and one of them pulls a tooth for free. If you aren't sure how to find them just call your local Department of Human Services and they will tell you where they are.

Call your nearest "Affordable Dentures" and ask how much they would charge to have 1 tooth pulled. It should be around $ 60.00 plus an x-ray for around $ 60.00.

If you have several teeth pulled you pay for an x-ray just once.You have to pay immediately, but most anyone can afford $ 120.00

Anonymous

No offence meant, Lily May, but 'most anyone' cannot afford $120.00 up front especially in this economy :-( Out of curiousity I looked up where the nearest "Affordable Dentures" is to me and it's a two hour highway drive. I then called them and the $60.00 you quote for an extraction there is inaccuate and is also dependent on whether it's a simple extraction or not; it could run up as high as $125.00 or more for a complicated extraction.