Deodorant Build-up

How do you remove deodorant residue from t-shirts? It has hardened on the armpit of the t-shirt. I have tried vinegar with no luck.

Sara from Southeast Missouri

Feedback:

Cascade

Try to soak the shirts in Cascade. Yes, the dishwasher soap. I have seen stains removed from garments that have been there for some time. Good luck!

By Monica from Detroit

Pantyhose

Try rubbing the marks with some pantyhose. It works for me and it's the only use I get out of my pantyhose!

By Megan F.

WD-40

I had a shirt that had been washed several times with a paint stain on it that would not come out. I sprayed it with a little WD-40 and it took the stain out completely. Can't hurt to try.

By busdrivr

Vinegar

I have always used white vinegar per "Hints from Heloise", even on old stains. There were shirts that I had stopped wearing until I remembered reading it years ago and tried it for the first time about 3 years ago. Vinegar is a natural sanitizer too. It works on coffee pots, nebulizer breathing treatment machines, dishwashers, etc.

By B

Spray Deodorant

I have the same problem, so I switched to spray and no more stiff pits. I might try regular deodorant instead of antiperspirant in stick and see if that works. I don't really like spray.

By Tom

Goof-off

I have had this problem with only a few shirts. Today I discovered that "Goof-off" does the trick. I used it on a black shirt. It can be bought at any Lowe's or Home Depot, probably in the paint departments. It smells like gasoline, but after trying vinegar, baking soda, boiling salt water, etc, this is the only thing that made any difference at all.

By Just Me