Design Your Own Silk Scarf
November 2, 2015
How to make your own silk scarf in a few short steps! Use for fashion, give as a gift, or even use to wrap presents!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 scarf
- 1 silk scarf
- 5-6 permanent markers
- 1 drying rack
- 1 hair dryer
- 1 iron
- 1 isopropyl alcohol spray
- 1 gloves
- 5 rubber bands
- Gather materials and put on your gloves. You can order blank scarves at: www.dharmatrading.com
- Scrunch scarf together in a ball and secure with a rubber band.
- Apply marker colors to cover about 75%-80% of the fabric.
- To blend and lighten your scarf, spray gently with alcohol and scrunch together again.
- Dry your scarf on a drying rack.
- Speed the drying process by using a hair dryer.
- To set the scarf's color, iron on the "silk" setting.
- Wear your scarf and enjoy! Remember to hand wash your scarf or wash on delicate cold.
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
November 3, 20151 found this helpful
Nice for personalized gifts!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 4, 20151 found this helpful
Super cool idea. I love it!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.