Designing a Laundry Cupboard?

I need help designing a linen cupboard and storage for other laundry items. The photo is of the over all area, and to the left side is where the new cupboard will be. The measurements of this space are: 440mm wide by 2020mm length and 820mm in depth. Thank you.

By Bevy M. from Melbourne, Victoria

Wish I could help but I, probably like most people, don't know what the mm measurements are. I would not know how to convert the mm's to feet, yard, etc.

I think your mm measurements equal to:

440 = 1 ft 5>"
2020 = 6 ft 7.5"
820 = 2 ft 8"

Is this correct: 6'7.5" tall x 1'5" wide x 2' 8" deep?
Or are you referring the 6'7.5" length be horizontal instead of height?

Either way it would be better to know a little bit more about what type of items you wish to store. You mentioned linens but if this is your laundry room then there may be too much moisture for storing this unless you plan to make tight fitting doors.

Mainly I would think you would measure the height and width of any of your potential items and make your shelves accordingly (distance in height if cabinet is tall).

Your unit is not going to be very wide (1'5") so keep this in mind when planning contents. It seems you already have a lot of storage space but maybe you plan to make changes there also?

Your shelves now accommodate linens so maybe the moisture is low in this area. Someone will probably give you some better ideas as Thrift has a lot of "space" conscious responders.

Check at Home Depot and Lowes. I got a similar cabinet for my basement that someone had ordered, paid for, and never pick up.

I got it for just a few dollars--cheaper than what I could have made it for.

There are many converters online that will convert mm to inches. Make sure your cabinets have adjustable shelves that pull out.

Home and Garden Home Improvement RemodelingFebruary 5, 2014
🐛
📓
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Designing-a-Laundry-Cupboard.html