Desk Drawer Organizer Ideas

Category Office
Keeping your desk drawer organized can be a challenge. This is a guide about desk drawer organizer ideas.

I always thought that the trays your t.v. dinner comes in could be useful for something. Then it came to me, drawer organizers! We all have messy drawers, in the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom....
These trays are just so perfect for organizing things. Not only are they free, they make your drawers look so nice!

1. See my messy bathroom drawer? This is what it looked like before:
  2. Now this is what it looked like after; everything sitting pretty in it's own little spot. Great for make-up, bobby-pins, rubber bands, etc.
  3. See my other bathroom drawer? This was before:
  4. This is after:
  5. These also work nice as a night stand organizer. Holds your wallet, keys, loose change, even mints!

This is such a simple tip, that I don't know why I didn't use this before. Every time I opened the drawer with the knives, spoons, and forks in the tray or utensil organizer, that entire plastic organizer would shift back and forth. I finally stuck a piece of double sided sticky tape underneath it on the bottom side, and now there's no slipping of that utensil tray each time I open and shut it.

By suz123 from Las Vegas, NV

Ever wondered what other uses cutlery trays have? I cheaply sourced one at a garage sale recently with an extra sliding top tray which lifts off. I ended up using it to store/organize stationary bits and pieces in a drawer in our computer room. Before this I was going to use it in my make-up/hair accessory drawer.

By Jojo

The plastic trays that come in frozen dinners make great organizers for your desk drawer. The compartments are perfect for paperclips, rubber bands, and the like, and they are free.

For only $2, I was able to organize my desk drawer neatly with some extra room on the side to spare. I purchased this sturdy white plastic flatware tray from IKEA. This would work for a craft or make up drawer too!