Disco Birthday Party Ideas

Category Birthday
disco ball with colored lights behind
A fun decorating idea for a retro dress, music, and dance party can be a discotheque theme. This is a guide about disco birthday party ideas.

We have decided to have a disco party for my daughters 6th birthday. Any great ideas out there? Where can I get a disco ball? Party favors?

Sherry

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous
Best Answer

As a craft at the party you could make your own disco balls. Buy styrofoam balls and glitter and sequins. With a thick paint brush, coat the foam ball with glue, sprinkle glitter on the ball or pour some on a plate and roll the ball around in the glitter. To add the sequins you may need more glue, simply add a dot of glue to the back of the sequin or on the ball where you want the sequin to be places and attach the sequins. In order to be able to hang this disco ball you can use a loop of ribbon with a straight pin securing it in place, you may want to put some glue on the straight pin before sticking it into the styrofoam.

I hope this helps, Stella

Best Answer

A Disco Party would be AWESOME! You should go to birthday in a box. com and they have groovy plates. The plates are silver with rainbow people dancing. You would also need a Disco Ball. You should have a dance floor and groovy music. Music you should play are Saturday Night Fever and ABBA, but you should also play some modern music such as Paramore or Jonas Brothers. You should also have a fog machine for the dance floor so you're dancing in fog. Also on the website WindyCityNovelties. com there are balloons called Lumi Loons and they flicker lights on and off. The rest is up to you.

I was directed to your site when I googled styrofoam disco balls. I'm having a retirement party for my husband with an oldies theme. I need to make centerpieces for 6 foot round tables and thought that I might incorporate styrofoam based disco balls into the centerpiece. How would I create these balls?

Hands On Grandma from Sheridan, IL

Best Answer

I would just get pieces of mirror tile and cut them into small squares. I would probably cut them into about 1/2' squares and starting in the middle and working your way to the top and bottom hot glue them onto the styrofoam ball.

Best Answer

I totally believe in saving money and being frugal, but you might be better off, finding them on ebay used. I think making them will be extremely time consuming... Just a thought.

Best Answer

You can easily make these. Use clear 16 oz. plastic drinking cups. Put a hole in the bottom of each cup and insert the bulb of a string of colored Christmas lights . Do this with each cup. Using the large heavy duty paper clips clip the cups together at the sides. Keep clipping cups together until you have formed a big ball shape, the end of the Christmas light strand can then be used to hang your new "diso ball".

I need ideas for a disco birthday party for my 9 year old daughter. I don't want to spend a lot, any ideas ? Thank you!

By Becca from OR

Best Answer

The 70's were the Disco years!

Ask friends and family if they have any old 70's clothing stashed away somewhere. Wide collars, flared trousers, stripy tank-tops, and so on. It won't matter if things are too big for the kids, as it's part of the fun.

See if you can borrow a glitter ball from somewhere, or try and make one:

http://www.howt  -disco-ball.html

or

http://www.wiki  co-Ball-with-CDs

and when it comes to the music, Diana Ross's "I will survive" is essential!

Best Answer

Do a dance off contest.

I need ideas for a coed 13th birthday party! it's going to be a dance party and we're going to have pizza and other junk food. When people come, I'm gonna give them glow in the dark necklaces (the kind you snap). It's going to be REALLY dark and the only light is going to be a strobe light, Christmas lights and the under-cabinet lights in my kitchen (because that's where the food will be).

I was thinking of having a dance contest to the "Cha Cah Slide" and playing hide and seek in the dark (think that's lame? let me know!) and after dancing we're going to watch a movie, maybe Napoleon Dynamite or Dumb and Dumber or some comedy that's not a chick flick (cause guys will be there).

My birthday is in September, but I'm starting to plan it now. Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated, except I'm not having a luau and it's not going to be outside (the grass in my backyard is DEAD, thanks 2 my Dad! lol).

Nicole from Georgia

A great way to get everybody up and dancing is to play the "broom dance" game. It starts with the host dancing with a broom. She quickly picks a guest to dance with and passes the broom to another guest. That guest picks someone to dance with and gives the broom to another guest and that guest dances with the broom until he or she picks another guest to dance with and passes the broom to another guest. No one wants to dance with the broom so they will quickly pick someone to dance with untill everyone is dancing.

Well, though I am the same age as you Nicole, I understand what you want! Though I am starting to plan my fourtheen, in December, long way off I know, just stay comfy, if you don't want to do something then don't, and if things start getting crazy, pop in a movie to calm everyone down.

Teenage hormones can and WILL always get the best of you, so just remember, you're only thirteen not twenty!

i'd suggest making sure everyone invited is someone you trust...if everything is gonna be dark, and its coed, ppl might get out of control. you wouldnt want your parents to see anything you wouldnt want them to see, would you?

I too am already planning my 13th in september what a coincidence! well, I do like the idea of the broom dance game but the idea of haveing it in the dark!!! its not right. It sound exiting and all but trouble will arise. just remeber it is your problem when people start paying attention to the ones they r making out with instead of u! I am planning a pool party, and i think u should too.

i think ur party sounds fun! im planning one as well but if its dance party u will want to dance not watcha movie so i say no to the movie but everything els seems fun!

im turnin 13 in nov and startin to plan my party too and i think the glow thing is a really cool idea i was wantin to do the same thing like in the dark in all but when i go to a party i hate watchin movies... so if that helps at all...?

Hey, Im Lori and for our homcoming dance this 2005 year our theme is Board Games and it will be called "Game on". i was wondering if anybody has any ideas or has already done this and has any ideas to help us out .

it would mean alot to us thank you

thank you

For my 12th birthday party i wanted to have liikke a dance party , but he only ideas were to have a dance contest and maybe a singing one and pin the nose or something on paris hilton or some other person but thats all i got i need help deciding what else to do.We will be having lots of music and dancing but thats all i can think of plez help. E mail me at --

Monkeymaddness88 @ aol.com (remove spaces)

Well im planning a party in September as well! I think if you have some playful friends who care about their rep but are open to anything, hide and seek is great! But you should really put on a little bit more lights! That's because you don't want horomones gettiing u in trouble! I think pretty much all ur ideas are great though! U should just ad more things to do depending on how long ur party is! PS why dont u try pin the nose on Michael Jackson! that'll be sure to get a rise outta people! one last thing: just remember to make sure dancing stays appropriate and noooo liplocking unless ur parents are uuuuuterly fab! otherwise ur gonna go down fast!

We are getting ready for a party this weekend. We have decided against food money and are spending it on a dj. It will be kind a dark, we have black lights, christmas lites along the baseboard, strobe lights and the dj will bring lights. It actually is lit up but I am having it only in the basement. That way i can keep an eye out for any "strays" also, we have 4 "security" guys, older kids around 16 that will keep everyone in line. We have a fog machine and that looks amazing with the lights on the floor. I say go for it, but hide and seek? Now thats a little too young for 13 year olds. This party if for my 11 year old. Hope this helps. A dj is the way to go, they keep everyone dancing, and play amazing music. Request edited versions. We are also having a soulja boy dance contest, pimpin the unpimpest guy (with fake grill and durag) and a cell phone song, everyone brings their cell phones and puts on the light, just to see how bright it gets.

I have a 11 year old that will be 12 in March I am trying to throw her a Party w/ boy and lights and all that I want the kids to talk about this all year long. Only problem my daughter does not like boys yet, so I am kind of in the middle. I am only 30 and I remember the house party's that were the bomb.

wow im turning thirteen too i think u might want to add more lighting especially with boys and the broom dance might get some people uncomfortalble but anyway ur party sounds like fun

I'm having my 14th birthday in the garage. I agree, It's a lot more fun with almost no lights. My friends had our 8th grade graduation party and the only lights they had were from a disco ball and nothing bad happened. I'm having over 70 people invited and we'll have glow sticks and a strobe light, disco ball and black light. The music is pumping all night long and since it's in summer there isn't really a time the guys have to leave. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the girls are sleeping over.

The pin the nose on Michael Jackson is a pretty awesome idea :] but I'm not having games at my party because we'll be freaking all night long. I'm bringing out the foos ball table and the basket ball hoop for those party poopers who have nothing better to do. By the way instead of having actual food, try having snacks all night long. At dance parties people barely eat because they're having so much fun!

I'm having my daughter's 12th birthday at the local club disco 1:30 till 4pm. I can't plan much else as I will be just getting of hospital at that time. So I'm trying to get everything ready early. I was looking at lolly bags, but I think that is a bit old. I am looking for ideas. What else could I do? There will be both boys and girls there.

By Karen