Discoloration in a Fiberglass Bathtub

I bought a new tub surround and now the existing tub looks very discolored. What can I use to clean a discolored tub?

By Andie from Cleveland, OH

I'd suggest trying GooGone. Our fiberglass tub had done the same thing and one day, while I was recaulking the tub, I accidentally knocked over a bottle of GooGone. I wiped it up right away and was surprised to see that the tub was white where the liquid had spilled.

My husband and I are moving into a new rental house and in the hall bathroom the tub was awful! It had years of some kind of black grime on it, looked like it had never been cleaned and the landlord thought he'd have to get it rebathed. I told him I could get that stuff off with a little elbow grease. I used full strentgh Purple Power and a sponge. Poured it on the sponge and wiped it down, it looks brand new! I also used it to clean the carpet, which was also very dirty and had some heavy duty dirty spots. I put Purple Power, about a 1/4 cup and the rest water in the shampooer, spots are gone and the carpet is clean!

Where do you get Purple Power? Thanks

Walmart

Well, we bought a brand new double wide 18 years ago, and we have re-done every single room in our house. No more strips....all drywall....wainscott, chair rail, baseboards, quarterr round arounnnnd the fireplace and just finished putting bead board up in our room and painted it a deep red color. Bought new comforter set and new curtains. Just finished putting down wood floors in our bedroom also, and got new throw rugs for each side of the bed. Can't wait til I am done with it all. Really looking forward to seeing it all done. :-)

But the garden tub in master bath has skylight above it and it has the most terrible stain in it. First just discolored a little, now big black ring from bottom of tub to about 4 inches above bottom. I have tried CLR, didn't work....comet, didn't work....bleach, didn't work. It's like the discoloration in all the way through the fiberglass round garden tub. I give up. Anyone have any suggestions? or even something that has been proven to work? I can not stand this.. It looks horrible. Looks like it hasn't been cleaned in months.....and it has. lol....Anyone?