Dishwasher Soap Dispenser Not Opening

My soap dispenser isn't opening to let the soap out during the wash and I'm pretty sure it's because the bottom rack is blocking it. However I do not know what to do to fix that. So if there is anybody who does please let me know. I am willing to try anything.

You are either positioning high items by the soap dispenser, using wet hands to put in the soap pod, or not letting your kitchen sink run until the water is hot. Today's dishwashers have a sensor that will release the soap only if the water is hot enough.

Anonymous

Sometimes if the silverware basket is by the door, silverware will press up against the dispenser. Make sure everything is pushed away from the dispenser along with any dishes, etc. that might extend towards the door.

Pour hot water thru it to make sure it isn't gunking up and sticking closed. Can you raise your bottom rack?

You did not mention the make of your dishwasher but most are very similar (except some dispensers are in the door). This is not an uncommon problem - try reading some suggestions from manufacturers:

products.geappliances.com/.../gea-support-search-content?contentId...

www.partselect.com/.../

If nothing works for you - try finding the web site for your brand and ask them for help (phone or email). Most companies respond to their consumer's problems.