Displaying an Antique Wooden Wall Hanging

I have this piece that was made without any nails, glue, or any modern things to hold it together. It is a hand carved picture that looks Japanese. It originally was a wall carving. I guess someone got a hold of it and added legs to make it into a table. They rotted off, but the carving is in almost perfect condition. It was in three pieces, the carving itself had a frame, I guess you would call it, around it with gold inlay.

Someone tried to fix a small area that was peeling. It has two pieces of wood that go across the back of the three boards that make the carving and when positioned correctly you can't even tell it's in 3 pieces. I didn't know it for a long time. I just thought it was broken, but it wasn't; it just needed repositioning. I really don't know what to do with it? Any ideas?

By Sheila H from Pensacola, FL

I would build a nice shadow box and put this inside. You can put a darker background in the box or even lights inside to make the piece stand out. You need to attach this to the back of the box so it holds in place.

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesMarch 19, 2015
🐛
😎
📓
🌻