Hanging Plates on a Wall

Decorative plate hanging on an orange wall.
Some people collect decorative, seasonal, or commemorative plates or wish to hang antique ones on their wall. This is a guide about hanging plates on a wall.

Does anybody have any cheap or free ideas for how to hang plates on a wall? I have heard Sticky Tack works, but have had posters that I used that for come down with it. I found some great looking plate hangers, but they were five dollars a piece, which is pricey when you want to hang about twenty plates.

Any ideas for invisibly hanging plates for cheap is what I am after. I want a pretty hanging plate display in my dining room that is not going to break my very slender budget
Thanks.

By Tigra from ID

Answers

Best Answer

I know of a person who had a collection of plates. She had a carpenter install a molding to the wall about 2 or 3 feet below the ceiling. The molding had a groove so she could place the plates against the wall and the groove would keep them in place. Looked great. But it may be costly.

Best Answer

You can find plate hangers at the local Dollar Trees. They have springs on them for tension and adjustments for smaller or larger plates. Then, it's just a small nail in a stud and you are golden.

Best Answer

How about a plate shelf? This is a narrow shelf that you hang and it has a groove in it for the plate to set as it leans against the wall. Old Victorian houses had something of this nature that went all the way around a room. If you do that you can move the plates around on a whim without worrying about nails holding hangers.

Use this link!

http://www.thea  late-hanger.html