Do Not Automatically Renew Your Computer Antivirus Software

Do not set up to automatically renew your computer antivirus program. My computer came with a trial of Norton Internet Protection. I signed up for a years protection when that expired. The program had installed for it to automatically renew at the end.

Well, almost a month before it was to expire, Norton charged my credit card $78. This was 3 weeks before it was to expire. I made them credit it back, not only because I felt that was too high, but also because they reset my antivirus at that time, and I was basically going to lose out on nearly a month of protection. When it was 1 day prior to expiring, I searched Norton's website, and got the same program for 1 year at a 50% savings plus 15% for being a "good" customer. I ended up saving almost $36 by just clicking the install and run buttons myself. Research before you let them just charge your card

By Cheryl from Trinity, NC

Same thing happened to me. I called them and they gave me some "special" and knocked off $20 from the renewal price.

Try Avast! It's free and great.

I agree with muttmom. There are several free programs so why pay for one. Norton is not any better than Avast.

You can get AVG virus protection for free depending on what your needs are. We have the basic and haven't had to ever pay for it.

I use Avast and it's free!

Anonymous

Forget the $78.00!
Try the fact that once the hook you with the free trial their paid one is garbage. We had that with both Norton and another company. The last one resulted in over 500 viruses being planted into our computer and a complete rebuild.

Also for the "I must have Norton" folks out there- Norton is extremely invasive and slows down your computer huge.
Just my experience.