HealthDogs

Dog Having Irregular Bloody Stool

For the past month my dog has been having bloody stools irregularly. I took it to the vet and they are treating it with some antibiotics. Someone is saying it is parvo, I don't know what to do. My dog doesn't have any vomiting and it is taking food without hesitation. I'm not able to get out of this situation. Will my dog recover? It is nine years old.

Prayers for healing for your pup!!

If you have had him to the vet you need to keep following vet advice and get a diagnosis from the vet. If this vet is not cutting it, get a second opinion. That is your right!!! Your pup will thank you for that!

Bloody stool can be anything from pancreatitis to colitis to parvo. I am guessing if it is going on for a while and no vomiting, it is one of the first two, which are very treatable conditions when you follow vet protocols. We have dealt with both and they are manageable.

The vet needs to give you a special food diet to follow and hydration schedule. Please do not take any dosing or "solutions" from the internet as they can be dangerous (or even fatal) to your pup.

No one but the vet knows his history, other medications he is on, weight and history and only the vet can give you the best treatment.

Post back with updates!!

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 9, 2019
🎂
📓
🌻