HealthDogs

Dog Not Eating Normally

My 15 month old Pit Bull has stopped eating as much as before. It is a considerable amount. He's a very hyper dog at times, but is also hippy like he lost some weight. I was wondering if it could be worms or the neighbor's bitch dog who's in full heat. The 1st pic is him now, the others where 3 weeks ago to 3 or 4 months ago.

Make sure his teeth are o k, if no change see a Vet!

Try giving vitamin B drops or have veterinarian give vitamin shots that make it urge to eat and increase appetite.
If you had it from other puppies, find otehrs and try to have them be together to have good time. Try feeding while other dogs are fed also
Try taking your dog to the dog park, and go with treat and give treets to other dogs to sho your dog that you eat it, offer treat to your dog

The pictures do show your dog looking thinner. The things you mentioned could contribute to weight loss in an otherwise healthy dog. Since this has continued over a period of weeks I think I would have the dog checked by a Vet. It could be he is just bored with his food. Unfortunately we are just guessing. Its probably time to go find out.

He is definitely losing weight. Go to the vet and check him out thoroughly.

Normally when a female is in heat the heat lasts for only 30 days. If the male dog is fixed this should not be an issue for the dog not eating or losing weight. There is a major problem with your dog right now and he is getting awful thin. My male dog had the same issue a few months back and I took him to the vet. They gave him medicine for worms and this seemed to do the trick.

I would go to the vet and get him checked out. My vet made me feed my dog twice a day for 2 weeks until he gained back some of the weight he had lost. I had to take him back in a week to make sure he was gaining weight again. They told me if the worm medicine did not work then the dog could have heart worms and this one was dangerous and needed a different treatment.

I am confused about the part about the neighbor's dog being in heat...I am guessing you mean they have been mating and that is one reason you think your pup has stopped eating.

That is something I have never heard of, but it could be. Usually in breeding season, dogs eat more (at least the male dogs do).

My big concern is any time a dog has any changes...either lethargy, weight loss, changes in eating habits, I am off to the vet because 9 times out of 10 there is a health thing happening. Fur kids can't tell us what is wrong but these are 3 obvious clues to us to us that there is something happening and it is important to have the vet weigh in before things get out of control.

In my experience, not eating is teeth related most of the time. When my late gal had worms as a pup, she ate more....but I saw them in her poop and knew there was an issue. There could be any number of health issues causing the pup not to eat. I hope he is staying hydrated. Dehydration is really bad and dogs and can cause bad stuff to happen fast.

Post back what the vet says. Hope it is a very easy fix.

Pets Dogs HealthNovember 3, 2019
🍂
🎄