Don't Store Batteries In Devices

I have a battery powered drill. The batteries for it cost over $11 each and it takes 2 batteries. I only use the drill a few times a year. A friend told me that if I stored the batteries in their boxes instead of in the drill, they would last longer. It works! Sometimes the batteries need to be recharged before the drill will run if it hasn't been used for a long time, but I always check the night before.

Now I always take the batteries out of anything - camera, walkman tape player, radio, etc. - when I know I won't be using it for a long time. This will also keep you from being surprised by leaking, crusty batteries that have been sitting for far too long.

Organizing ToolsAugust 20, 2013
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dont-Store-Batteries-In-Devices.html