Dr. Seuss Hummus
I never knew hummus could be green and taste so good! I made this when I wanted a nice, fresh flavor and didn't have any of the more the traditional tahini. I think Dr. Seuss would approve!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 snack-size servings
Source: Frugal Abundance for the inspiration
Link: Chickpea Hummus
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup loosely chopped parsley
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- cumin powder and olive oil to taste
- Blend chickpeas with water until smooth in consistency.
- Add in parsley, seasonings, and olive oil. Blend thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated. Keeps for up to one week. This hummus has a refreshing taste with a little zip from the lemon and cumin.
- I like to serve this with chopped veggies or as a nice, vegetarian sandwich filling along with lettuce and fresh tomatoes. Try it with pita bread, too!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!