Drinking Straw Geometric Earrings
These earrings are so cute and super cheap to make as the main jewels are folded up drinking straws. I like to make them when I need earrings for an outfit in a certain colour. Enjoy!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: One pair of earrings
- 2 drinking straws
- 4 beads
- 2 fishhook earrings
- Make a long slit all the way through your straws vertically so they are butterflied open. Flatten out a bit with your fingers.
- Fold down the top of your opened straw to make a rectangle shape. Fold down two more times for a total of three folds.
- Fold the bottom of the straw up and to the right to create an L shape.
- Now fold that strip upwards so the triangle sits on the rectangle.
- Fold the remaining straw strip on the right over to the left to cover the folds.
- And then back around it one time.
- Gently lift the front of the straw and you will see you have created the base of a pyramid.
- Start wrapping the open space of the "pyramid" over and over until you have made a solid wide pyramid shape. It will in a sense guide itself for you.
- You will have a bit of overhang left. Tuck this into the pyramid opening that is left. Repeat making pyramid with the other straw.
- Put one of your beads onto some thread, then push both ends of the thread onto your needle.
- Poke the bottom of your pyramid where you want the bottom bead to be, then push the needle up through the top of the pyramid.
- Remove the needle, then put the next bead on the two pieces of thread.
- String on the fishhook earring. Wrap thread around the fishhook several times then knot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!