Dried limes are typically used in Middle Eastern and Persian cooking. They are used in a variety of dishes and are also used for tea. Limes are easy to dry at home. This is a guide about drying limes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Dried lime slices have many uses. They make a great garnish and are a flavorful ingredient in many recipes. It is easy to dry limes at home.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Wash and dry the limes.
- Cut, unpeeled, into thick slices.
- Discard the ends.
- Place the slices on a wire rack and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Dry the lime slices in the oven for 4 hours.
- Remove them and continue to air dry.
- Store them in an air tight container.