Recipes Using Dried Limes
Once you have dried some fresh limes, you can explore all of the amazing Middle Eastern and Persian recipes that use this wonderful ingredient. This page contains recipes using dried limes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
August 7, 20111 found this helpful
This slightly sour tea is a very simple drink to make. Like ice tea, it is a refreshing summer beverage.
- 2 dried limes
- 1/4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- Break the limes into a few pieces. You can use a mortar and pestle for this.
- Put 4 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Add the lime pieces and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain, using either a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Discard the lime pieces.
- Add the sugar to the tea and stir until dissolved.
You can drink it hot or you can cool it to room temperature and then refrigerate.