Here is a way to make a lasagna; one half for a meat lover, the other half for a vegetarian or vegan. If your veg eater is objecting to meat for ideological reasons, this will not work as the meat will infuse the other half of the dish. But for someone who simply does not consume animal products or for their health or something, it can fly.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 5 tomatoes
- jar tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1/2 a red cabbage
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked meat
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (or more)
- one head garlic
- 1/2 onion
- To prepare eggplant, microwave it or roast it for 6 minutes so that it's cooked. Then slice it thin.
- Cut up tomatoes.
- Cut up mushrooms.
- Cut up garlic, then onion, then cilantro, then cut the cabbage thinly. Stir fry it, using a bit of oil if you wish, till it's all cooked. Set aside.
- Prepare whatever meat you have by cooking. Usually ground beef, though I used pre-roasted and cut up chicken.
- Spray your pan with PAM cooking spray or other.
- Add one layer of noodles to baking pan.
- Put tomato sauce on top. Then on one half layer meat, on other half layer eggplant.
- Layer cabbage garnish on top of it all.
- Layer ricotta cheese on either just the meat half or over the whole thing. I also used feta when I ran out of ricotta.
- Layer tomatoes, and add another layer of noodles on top of that. Repeat the above process.
- At the end of the process you can mark the 'vegan' side in some way (by crosshatching leftover noodle or sprigs of cilantro) so that you know which side is which.
- Put in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!