Durable Plant Markers from Vinyl Siding

Everyone seems to have a tip for making plant markers. I've posted a couple here, myself. From the standpoint of durability, I think I've found the ideal material. Scrap white vinyl siding.

• It is thicker and stiffer than Venetian blinds, making it easier to insert into soil.

• It can be cut to wide widths, if needed, for adding lots of information.

• If cleaned with an abrasive like Ajax or Comet, the surface becomes more porous and the permanent marker ink will penetrate deeper.

• The back side has less grain or pattern, making it the best side for adding your text.

• While it takes a little effort to cut the vinyl, I had no trouble cutting it with a dollar pair of Betty Crocker scissors purchased from Dollar Tree.

• And as for durability, I think we all can agree, the marker should easily last twenty to thirty years. I'm gonna stay with this one.

The dimensions I used here are 6 inches long, 1½ inches wide.