Dye Transferred in Wash Cream Coat is Now Pink

I've managed to dye my new cream coat, pink, in the washer. How do I get it back to cream? Will bleaching it turn it white? Help if you can please!

By Rachel

Best Answer

Try a product called Shout Color Catcher Sheets, available in the laundry aisle at the supermarket. Wash the coat by itself with 2-3 of the sheets. Let air dry. Repeat if needed. If the coat was dried in the dryer, the color may be set.

Since you probably don't want to wear the coat as is, this is worth a try. Another thing to try is soaking the coat in a solution of powdered dishwasher detergent and warm water. In a container large enough to submerge the coat in, (maybe your washer) fill with warm water, and mix in at least 2 cups of powdered dish washer detergent.

After the detergent is dissolved, soak the coat overnight. Rinse well, and let air dry. Again, if dryer dried, the color may be set. If you do not have a dishwasher, the el cheapo brand from the dollar store works well for this. Both of these methods have saved clothes for me. Hope one of them helps you with your coat.

I once worked for a lady and and did this same sort of thing. I turned all her whites a pink shade! So embarrassing! I thought she was going to fire me. She didn't. Thank goodness! I don't know how long ago this happened but for me, she said to just re-wash everything on cold (after taking out the red item) and everything turned back to white. Not sure how it worked, but it did.