Easter Egg Collage Decoration
Do you want to make sure that the Easter Bunny knows where to deliver the Easter eggs? Use some left-over pieces of cardstock, rhinestones, and sugar strands, and make an Easter egg collage to help the bunny to find your home.
Total Time: 20 minutes, drying time included
Yield: one decoration
- printout of the provided pattern sheet ~ click here to download
- A5 sized artist canvas panel
- suitable page from an old calendar ~ in this case, a page with pink and purple roses was used
- left-over pieces of cardstock in shades of pink and purple
- multi-faceted rhinestone stickers and rhinestone flowers in different colors and sizes
- 10mm wide pink with purple leopard spots self-adhesive washi tape
- rainbow colored sugar strands (jimmies)
- metallic silver tinsel cord
- dirty pink acrylic paint
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- large petal palm punch from XCut, code XCU 261811
- standard scissors
- Paint the front and sides of the canvas panel with the dirty pink paint. Allow to dry before continuing with the next step.
- Cut out the Easter egg from the pattern sheet. Centre and glue it to the front of the canvas panel.
- Punch flowers from the calendar page and from the pieces of cardstock. Glue the flowers to the bottom half of the egg.
- Add glue to the top of the egg. While the glue is still wet, sprinkle sugar strands over the wet glue, lightly press down on the strands to stick them to the glue and shake off any excess strands.
- Glue a strip of washi tape across the egg and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue rhinestone stickers and rhinestone flowers to random places on the top half of the egg.
- Make a bow with a piece of cord and glue it to the washi tape. Display the completed canvas panel on a small wooden easel.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!