Easy Bird Feeder
There are lots of ways to make a bird feeder, but I think this is one of the easiest and most fun to make. It is an excellent craft for children to do because the end product looks good with only a minimal amount of skill needed.
You could also glue some twigs in place for perches or use pretty ribbon for hanging instead of string or yarn.
- toilet paper middle
- wild bird food
- peanut butter or tahini
- seed or nut oil if needed
- string or yarn for hanging
- Put the bird food on a flat surface. I used a mix of wild bird seed and dried mealworms.
- Spread the cardboard tube with peanut butter or tahini. If the peanut butter is too thick to spread easily, mix in a little nut or seed oil.
- Roll the tube in the bird food. If there are any patches where the food hasn't stuck, add some more peanut butter or tahini and apply more food by hand.
- Thread yarn or string through the middle of the tube and tie ends together.
- Hang your feeder in the garden out of reach of cats.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!