Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
Using store bought pizza dough ball or a tube of crescent rolls, you can make a delish little appetizer for a party! Beautiful looking dish for a presentation, I think!
Total Time: under an hour
Yield: Can be a meal for a few people OR an appetizer for more!
- 1 fresh (or thawed) pizza dough ball or tube of crescent rolls ($2.00)
- 6 oz pizza sauce (more if you want to have some for DIPPING afterward ($1.00)
- 4 oz pepperoni or veggie pepperoni ($2.00)
- 1 cup cut up mozzarella ($2.00)
- 2 Tbsp butter ($.25)
- Optional Ingredients
- green pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Just roll out the dough to about 6 X 12 inches and cut about a dozen angled slits down the two long sides of the dough (see photo for direction)
- Pour a stripe of canned pizza sauce down the center of the dough, then spread it out a bit toward the cuts (but not past them.)
- Add about 4 oz. of pepperoni and 1 cup of cut up mozzarella on top of the sauce in the center of the dough. I also added a few tablespoons of onions, diced mushroom and green peppers. If you have a favorite veggie you may add it or just make it cheese and pepperoni! I use veggie pepperoni.
- Lay one cut dough strip across the calzone, then cross it with it's opposing strip from the other side. It should look like a laced up shoe by the bottom! Use a little water on the tips to stick the dough to itself and to the other side and seal the ends up the same way with a little water. Brush with about 2 teaspoons of butter.
- Cook in a 350 degree F oven for about 40 minutes!
- You may add a sprinkle of Parmesan to the top during the last 10 minutes.
- Have warmed pizza sauce in a dish if you'd like to offer dipping sauce.
- Slice, serve and ENJOY!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.