- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 3 loaves (1lb. each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Additional Italian seasoning
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, warmed (14oz.)
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into an 18x12 inch rectangle. Spoon a third of the meatballs and mozzarella cheese down the center of each rectangle. Fold dough over filling; press edges firmly to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Brush tops with egg white; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce. This makes 3 calzones.
By Robin from Washington, IA