Easy Ribbon Tie for Serviettes (Napkins)
Give your table setting a classy touch with these easy and quick to make serviette ties as an alternative to serviette rings. You can add embellishments if you wish, but I think they look much neater left plain.
To store the ties, they can be hung at the back of a cupboard from a cup hook.
- 2 D rings
- 1 length of satin ribbon that fits neatly into the D rings
- needle and thread
- Make sure the end of the ribbon is trimmed neatly.
- Thread two D rings onto the ribbon. I used D rings cut from an old handbag (purse).
- Fold the ribbon over twice as in the photo.
- Sew in place.
- Turn over to the other side and work in a neat back stitch.
- To use, lay the serviette on the ribbon and wrap it around.
- Thread the end through both D rings.
- Turn the ribbon back on itself and thread through just one ring.
- Pull to tighten.
- Cut the ribbon short in a V to prevent fraying.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!