Effects of Having Teeth Extracted as a Child

My 5 year old has to have her full top row of teeth extracted. What can we expect after and until her permanent teeth grown in?

Best Answer

My daughter fell and one of her top teeth had to be removed because it died. The other tooth grew in fine when it came time. I didn't have any issues with this. If the dentist is removing the teeth, it is because there is a danger to the health of the permanent teeth coming in. I think you'll be fine, it will just be a bit hard for him to bite on apples and things like this. In the end you might need to have his teeth straightened, but this can happen later on and after you see how his teeth grow back in.

There should be no issues with the permanent teeth coming in. You may have to cut her food into small pieces, because it will be hard to take a bite