AdviceHealth & Beauty

Eliminating Underarm Odor

I have an underarm odor. Every time I bathe I apply my deodorant, which is Arm and Hammer unscented, and within seconds I develop an odor. I tried everything, eg. scabbing my arm with lime or lemon, but it didn't work.

Help me!

What would happen if you allowed your armpits to breath before applying deodorant? And are you using deodorant or anti-perspirant? Google should have some answers for you, but plain ordinary soap is about as much as you can do to the outside of your body. The source of the odour is a result of the foods you eat. Experiment with your meals?

I have Arm & Hammer in my medicine cabinet right now and also Degree. I bought them while they were on sale to try them. I won't buy A&H again because it doesn't work well for me either. I am much happier with Degree, and will buy it again. Try a different brand, it might make all the difference.

A dermatologist will evaluate your problem and provide direction and possible prescription and over the counter medications to help you.

Try using Neosporin. You may have too much bacteria causing the smell.