Emergency Screwdriver Ideas

Many times, I have been on the side of the road without a screwdriver, or the one I had one was too small. Now I carry a pliers, and some change: a quarter, dime, and nickel. Many small screws on a car like the idler screw can be turned with a dime, and the next bigger ones with a nickel. The larger ones can be turned with a quarter. However, you need the pliers for torque; so don't forget that part of this tip.

Hope this helps!

Source: Tried and true from years of experience not having tools when I needed them!

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

2 More Solutions

Sometimes the tiniest things come in so handy you wonder how you ever got along with out them. I needed to unscrew the hanger off the back of a frame. None of the screwdrivers in the house I share were small enough.

Use Scissor Tip as Improvised Screwdriver

Having two brothers who loved to tinker around the house, they enjoyed showing me a few tricks. I surprised my darling husband with this one: When you rub a screwdriver or other metals with a magnet you create a magnetized screwdriver, etc.

Better Living Simple LivingJanuary 24, 2015
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Emergency-Screwdriver-Ideas.html