End of School Year Teacher Gift Ideas

Category Children
A girl leaning on her school books.
Teachers work hard all year to teach your children, they deserve a thank you gift by the time June arrives. This is a guide about end of school year teacher gift ideas.

I'm trying to think of new teacher, teacher's aide, and bus driver gifts to give at the end of the school year. My child has had some of these same people helping her out for a number of years, so I've used up many of my old standby ideas already. I've done candles, lotion/bath stuff, jewelry, food, and plants. Once I did gift certificates, but that got pricey! Any fresh or clever ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ellie from Marietta

Best Answer

With so many designs of postage stamps, you can pick out stamps for almost any teacher. You can also order them on-line from the USPS and they are mailed directly to your house.

My children's teachers appreciated them! Also, if the new 41 cent stamps are available by the time you need them, these stamps are guaranteed to stay 41 cents forever! Pick up $5 or $10 (or somewhere in-between) worth of stamps; I bet most teachers would love those!

Best Answer

Gift cards, even inexpensive ones are a hit. Please no nick-nacks or other dust collectors. Home baked or homemade food is great IF you know we enjoy something (I.E> if I am always watching my weight, don't give me cookies!). Maybe a homemade salad dressing or flavored tea or coffee. Fruit or other produce from your garden would be lovely, too, as are plants started from cuttings of your own, if teacher enjoys plants.

Best Answer

The best I ever received was a heartfelt note from the special needs child I worked with that year. (I"m a school support worker) I still have it. Of course chocolates are lovely, and homemade jams and jellies are great too. If you truly do appreciate what someone does for you, or your child, then tell them.

Best Answer

Our class mom is very organized! Every parent is donating $5 and we are buying one nice gift for the teacher (this year it is a digital photo frame). In addition, each child is going to the dollar store to pick out one item for a "summer-time fun" basket.

I don't know what to give my teacher for the end for the year. I want to know what do teachers like, like favorite color, music, favorite flowers what do they like?

By Sandra

Best Answer

I'm a teacher myself, so I'm happy to offer some suggestions. The best gift you could give would be a note telling what that teacher has meant to you and what you have gained from being in his/her class. We rarely get those and that simple thank you means so much. If you want to pair that with something of a material nature, then give a gift card to a bookstore or a school supply or office supply store. Even gift cards to Wal-mart or Target are appreciated. The amount on the gift card doesn't have to be much, even $5.00 if great. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

If you find a teacher especially praiseworthy, the most useful gift you can give is a letter to their manager to say so, and why.

Otherwise they would like office supplies, or perhaps something to eat.

Teachers already have enough bath foam and scented candles to last a lifetime.

But you don't have to give anything.

Best Answer

One other thing you might consider would be something they can use during the summer months, like a beach bag or beach towel, or even go in with someone else and put together a beach bag full of goodies - a towel, sunscreen, paperback book, even an expensive but cute pair of sunglasses.

And then throw in a gift certificate to an office supply or school supply place. Okay, you might have to get more than one other person to help with this, but it would still be cute and appreciated.

As the end of the year for school is right around the corner, I always have difficulties on what to give to the teachers. Any suggestions?

Laura

Answers:

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

I am a teacher and know that there are many inexpensive gifts that we really like. I also know that we receive so many apples and items that say "Teacher" on them. Our favorite things are the things that we can actually use. Some ideas are: stationery, blank note cards, journals, gift certificates to book stores, gift certificates to educational stores, candles, poems written by our students, books or other things that we can use next year to supplement our lessons, gum, flavored coffee/tea, stickers, magnets. bookmarks, homemade tasty treats. I hope this list gives you an idea! (05/26/2005)

By Cindy

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

I am a retired teacher. We do not need anything with apples on it. No fragrances unless you know what we like. The nicest end of year gift I ever got was a summer basket containing a beach towel, gift card to a bookstore and Starbucks (Like $5 each), an insulated water bottle, sunscreen, etc. (05/26/2005)

By Linda

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

This year we potted a petunia for each teacher and I had my kids write a thank-you note to thier teachers. I also went on a field trip with my kindergartener to a strawberry farm and had snapped a picture of his teacher and assistant teacher picking strawberries, I framed them(dolllar store) and gave them to the teachers--they seemed to really enjoy them. (05/26/2005)

By tmwnur

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

I have gotten so many gifts of items I will never use. but things I would use are stationary, postage stamps, picture frames and albums. Gift certificates are wonderful.
Please dont give me any fragrance. I am allergic to most of it. (05/27/2005)

By Sandy

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

When I was a child in grade school my mother and dad had five children still at home so there wasn't money for last of the year gifts for our teacher.Mom had a rose bush which grew along a fenceline. She'd cut some roses and send them to school for our teacher.Is it not still true that it's NOT the gift but the thought behind it?If I were a teacher I'd LOVE and appreciate the gift from that precious child who just wanted to share their appreciation.I don't care if it was the worst smelling cologne made and I broke out in whelts just sniffing it.Sounds to me like something's got turned around here.Teachers EVERYBODY cannot give expensive gifts and those kids love and appreciate you just as much.For a lesson in humility as a Teacher read Three Gifts from Teddy. (05/27/2005)

By Sharon,Ky

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

I just finished my first year teaching high school, and I just wanted to say don't forget the teachers when your kids get to high school My mom teaches 2nd grade-- she gets all kinds of cute, thoughtful, and sometimes useless trinkets - but she feels appreciated no matter what. My dad teaches high school and hardly ever gets gifts. I didn't get any gifts this year, either. It is HARD to teach high school, since many teens already think they know it all-- it would be nice to get a card or something at the end of the year, just to know that someone notices your hard work. So, basically, I would be happy with any gift, or even just a thoughtful note, and I think many other teachers would agree. It's the thought that counts! (05/29/2005)

By Allison

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

I have some teacher friends and they really seem to appreciate gift cards. Target, Walmart or a restaurant that they enjoy. My husband coaches soccer and he really enjoys restaurant cards or Home Depot. Go in with a few other moms and you can give them a nice card amount. (06/04/2005)

By Ann4

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

I'm giving the teachers an inexpensive clear pitcher filled with lemons and of course I'll include a note thanking them for all their hard work. (05/16/2006)

By juliemcd

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

I'm NOT a teacher, however, I designed a memory book for the 3rd graders to do last year. I listed several fill in the blank statements for the children to complete: The funniest moment, my favorite subject, the best memory, etc. I printed it out on cute school days copy paper and put all the sheets of paper in page protectors, took individual pictures of the students and pasted it on their personal page. The teacher cried when she saw it and told me this year that she still enjoys reading over it and reminiscing about that year. She said it is truely a keepsake. (05/25/2006)

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

This year I've made a dessert tray for all the teachers who have helped my son over the last 3 years in his LEAP program (about 7 teachers/therapists). My son will be attending kindergarten in the fall and will no longer see these teachers. I thought it would be inexpensive and something they can all enjoy. I sent a letter to school about a week prior telling the teacher my intentions and asking if that particular date would be fine. In the tray I'm including: Cheesecake bites, Godiva chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, and cookies. My son also signed cards for the treachers including saying "Thank You". It is from the heart!!! (06/04/2006)

By Teresa

End of School Gift Ideas for Teachers

This year I gave the teachers gift certificates from www.Restaurant.com. They sell $25 gift certificates for $10. You can google for coupon codes and get them for as little as $5 with the coupon. You buy them on line, then print them out. I put them into home made Thank You cards. (06/07/2006)

By Marta