Enjoying Being Frugal
Read More Comments
Being frugal can be hard work for some people. I find it very satisfying and fun. Doing things to save money is better than doing nothing. You must be realistic. You have to have an open mind to accept new ideas. If you do nothing, you will accomplish nothing.
Take small steps. If there is a list of 40 frugal things, just start with two ideas. There are so many things you can do to save money.
- Try saving a dollar a day, it is pretty simple. The bank will do it for you, and you will not even miss it. That would give you 365 dollars in a year, which could be used for a much-needed repair or a new appliance.
- Try buying store brands and forego the name brands. That is another savings.
- Try saving 1% of your paycheques every check. $30,000 at retirement is better than zero. Just one little step makes a great difference.
- We were drinking coffee from Tim Horton's at $3.00 dollars a day, $84.00 a month. If you're eating takeout once a week, try cooking at home. That will save you $80.00 dollars a month. If you normally buy lunch, try packing one instead. If you get drinks from a vending machine, try buying from the grocery store. It's cheaper.
- I also make my own laundry soap at a cost of $40 for the year.
Just take small steps and make small changes, it will lead to more savings.
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
When I told my son what I'm doing, he said I should write a book. A year ago, I moved from an apartment to a house with a gas furnace and water heater. I got real frugal!Read More...
My frugal life began in about 2006. My mother came to live with us due to having Alzheimer and my finance (hubby now) volunteered to stay home with her. One income meant cutting back.Read More...
Even though my husband took a pay raise when we moved to NJ almost two years ago, NJ is one of the most expensive states to live in.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.