Fabric Wall Art

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 221 Posts

Fabric Wall ArtHave some artistic looking fabric scraps? Turn them into wall art.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

• Fabric Scrap
  • Staple Gun
  • Canvas Frame or homemade wood frame
A wooden board to use as a canvas.

The back of the wooden canvas.

1. Cut fabric into a square or rectangular shape 4 to 5 inches larger than frame. (I had to add a strip of muslin around the edges of my fabric to make it large enough to fit the wood frame I had. I sewed the strips around the four sides.) Press with iron.
  2. Adding muslin strips to the edges of the artwork.

3. Lay fabric on top of frame. Using a pencil, lightly trace around bottom edges. Flip over to staple. Using a staple gun, staple the corners and then staple the edges, using the pencil line as a guide. Pull fabric up tight on each side as you staple along the edge. Cut off excess fabric if desired. Flip over. Can hang onto nail with the underside piece of wood. No need to drill hole in back or use a picture hanger.
  4. Stapling the folded fabric to the back of the board.

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsNovember 7, 2021
🍂
🎂
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fabric-Wall-Art-1.html