Gardening Advice

If something is repeated long and often enough, it becomes a "fact". This is also true of beliefs about gardening practices. This is a guide about gardening advice.

Plant something new every year. You'll be amazed at what you learn once your plant starts to grow. I remember the year my mom told me she was going to grow celery. I thought sure she'd lost her mind. She lived in Iowa, celery would never grow there, I thought. But it did. And she loved it!

Lesson learned.

From then on, I've never been afraid to "jump off the bridge" or in my case, the deck lol, and try something new! It's a wonderful way to open your mind and that of others!

Source: Mother Maxine, tried and truly magnificent homemaker and expert gardener of Mansion type gardens!

By Lynn from Wildwood

This is a guide about gardening tips and tricks. Even the most experienced gardener, in addition to being able to offer advice, can be open to new ideas and tips from fellow gardening enthusiasts.

A female gardener wearing a green apron.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about what to wear while gardening. Having freedom of movement and protection for your body are things to consider when dressing to work in the garden.

A woman wearing clothing appropriate for gardening.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This year there is something different going on in our garden. We are having the flowers falling off of stems when not opened completely and the fruit seem to fall when not completely ripe/grown.

We are not doing anything different than in past years. Every year we have a good garden, with lush trees, good flowers, and fruit.

How do I get good fruit and flowers?

By Vidya from Irvine, CA

Could it be that there is root rot?

I would also check for ants and/or rodents that might be nibbling the roots/branches. (We have/had groundhogs nest in our yard because our neighbor has a veggie garden.)

Try adding 1 T Epsom Salt & 1 T Powdered Milk to 1 gallon of water. The Epsom Salt will promote a strong root system. The powdered milk will add Calcium to the soil & prevent blossom end rot.