Gardening Advice

If something is repeated long and often enough, it becomes a "fact". This is also true of beliefs about gardening practices. This is a guide about gardening advice.

There is more to gardening than simply planting your tomatoes or veggies. Tending the garden means paying attention to the needs of the garden, supplement with water when it is dry, enrich poor soil, and check your garden routinely to ensure that it is healthy and happy. This is a guide about tending your garden.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Plant something new every year. You'll be amazed at what you learn once your plant starts to grow. I remember the year my mom told me she was going to grow celery. I thought sure she'd lost her mind. She lived in Iowa, celery would never grow there, I thought. But it did. And she loved it!

Lesson learned.

From then on, I've never been afraid to "jump off the bridge" or in my case, the deck lol, and try something new! It's a wonderful way to open your mind and that of others!

Source: Mother Maxine, tried and truly magnificent homemaker and expert gardener of Mansion type gardens!

By Lynn from Wildwood

Some gardening tips get passed on from person to person and even through generations although they are really myths. Learn about the surprising facts behind 10 gardening myths.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

There are many good books for gardeners. Everyone has their own special favorites. Keeping up with the latest tips and science of gardening is interesting and can certainly help improve your garden.

This is a guide about 5 great books for gardeners.

This is a guide about gardening tips and tricks. Even the most experienced gardener, in addition to being able to offer advice, can be open to new ideas and tips from fellow gardening enthusiasts.

This guide is about what to wear while gardening. Having freedom of movement and protection for your body are things to consider when dressing to work in the garden.

This year there is something different going on in our garden. We are having the flowers falling off of stems when not opened completely and the fruit seem to fall when not completely ripe/grown.

We are not doing anything different than in past years. Every year we have a good garden, with lush trees, good flowers, and fruit.

How do I get good fruit and flowers?

By vidya dixit from Irvine, CA

Answers

Could it be that there is root rot?
I would also check for ants and/or rodents that might be nibbling the roots/branches. (We have/had groundhogs nest in our yard because our neighbor has a veggie garden.)

Try adding 1 T Epsom Salt & 1 T Powdered Milk to 1 gallon of water. The Epsom Salt will promote a strong root system. The powdered milk will add Calcium to the soil & prevent blossom end rot.