This is a great candy for Christmas!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips (6oz.), melted
- Mix sugar, syrup, and vinegar in a 3 qt. saucepan.
- Cook to the hard crack stage (300 degrees F).
- Turn off flame and add the baking soda and mix quickly and vigorously.
- Pour immediately into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Cool, then invert on a tray and spread with melted chocolate.
- Break into chunks.
varies - use candy thermometer and watch closely!
By Robin from Washington, IA