Fall Decorating Ideas

Category Seasons: Fall
Autumn is full of colorful leaves, grasses, flowers, fruits and squashes to create beautiful seasonal decorations. This is a guide about fall decorating ideas.

I bought all these little decorations for under a dollar at the Dollar General.
I used a Halloween candy bowl covered in fabric to match the season. After I put it all together I was happy with it.
However, I made one change. You will see it in the picture.

Have a beautiful season to all my ThriftyFun family!

I am looking for ideas for fall decorations for a church homecoming.

By andi h from Frankfort, KY

Answers

You can buy those tiny pumpkins (usually 3 for $1) trying to get several sizes, and spray paint them or just leave them as they are. Add fall foilage and make center pieces or just lay them down the center of the tables. You can buy orange nylon netting (very cheap) and make bows; or just lay on table kinda scrunched up; cover the table cloth with, just about any idea you can fathom yourself will be nice.

You can buy apples and carve them just like you would a pumpkin and put birthday candles in them. I'm sure the community will give you some grand ideas. Have fun and good luck!

I think using the autumn foliage and harvest items are perfect for decorating a church's homecoming celebration. The more natural, the better. Don't even try to compete with God's work. You'll never win and there's really no competition.

Besides, there's little that we can do to improve on what He made for us. Use it every chance you have, whether it be fall, winter, spring or glory of summer.

Think about it.
Pookarina

Any good ideals for fall decorating? Something simple.

Sharon

Answers

I found a base in the alley uptown (yep, I take an occasional dive) that looks like grapes and ears of corn. I plan to fill it with roadside grasses that have dried, or maybe some late grain if I get lucky.

i like to gather leaves in both spring & fall & stick them to both wide & regular clear tape in a row & press them between a 2nd piece of tape

(something lots of us learned in kindergarten !)
From there try framing a window by sticking it with 2 sided tape (poster tape)
to the glass on all of the sides or using it as a wrap for flower pots or to add a little interest to a small area of wall by a door
the uses of a leaf garland is endless ! All it costs is the roll of tape & your time
see the left side of the photo I am attaching --

By Janet45101 (Guest Post)

If you have a Big Lots in your area, they have lovely,
very reasonably priced seasonal decorations. Have fun!

This looks easy everyone.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Out of all the seasons of the year, I love Fall the best! It last the longest. I start decorating on September first and it brings me right through until I decorate for Christmas, by just adding a few things for Halloween and Thanksgiving. It is truly a beautiful season to decorate for.

All you need is to find decorations from inexpensive places like Michael's Craft Stores or The Christmas Tree Shop or Dollar Stores and you can begin to start a nice collection and add to it each year.

For Halloween, I add more pumpkins, Jack-o-lanterns, candles, Ghosts, etc. For Thanksgiving, I add a Wicker Turkey for my center piece and two small turkeys. A Cornicopia filled with artificial fruit and Pilgrim Dolls. These I will post then.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3