Fall Leaves Birthday Card
Use a pattern of a leaf and fall colors to create a card that would be ideal for a friend celebrating her birthday during the Fall season.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- provided pattern of leaf
- 8.2 x 8.2 in dark yellow cardstock
- 7.1 x 3.1 in charcoal-colored cardstock
- 7.1 x 3.1 in red corrugated cardstock
- 7 x 7.6 in light yellow sugar paper
- small pieces of light yellow, light orange, and dark orange sugar paper
- 1 paper lace tray liner
- 9 small yellow-colored flat-sided rhinestone beads
- bronze-colored gilding paste
- a sponge ~ use one that was inside a medicine bottle
- quick drying glue
- pattern edged scissors
- Gingher embroidery scissors
- Fold the 8.2 x 8.2 inch dark yellow cardstock in half to create a card 8.2 inches x 4.1 inches.
- With the fold at the left, cut the front right edge with the pattern edged scissors.
- Center and glue the charcoal-colored cardstock to the front of the card.
- Trace and cut three leaves ~ one each from the light yellow, light orange, and dark orange sugar paper.
- Use the embroidery scissors to turn the red corrugated cardstock into a three-opening frame
- Glue the red frame in place over the charcoal-colored cardstock.
- Glue the leaves in place ~ the dark orange leaf in the middle, the yellow one at the top and the light orange one at the bottom.
- Cut a strip with a length of 8.2 inches from the tray liner.
- Use the sponge and a small bit of the gilding paste to add a vintage look to the strip cut from the tray liner, as well as to the three leaves. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Glue the strip from the tray liner to the inside of the card.
- Fold the 7 x 7.6 inch light yellow sugar paper in half and glue to the inside of the card to write a message.
- Add three yellow rhinestones to each leaf.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!