Father's Day Jar Crafts
June 15, 2009
Father's Day is just around the corner. Why not let the kids create a secret safe for Dad's valuables.
Approximate Time: Under 1 hour
- medium size wide mouth jar with lid
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- craft foam letters (D-A-D)
- nuts, bolts, screws
- empty toilet paper tube
- small scrap of cardboard
- Cut the empty cardboard tube to the same height as the jar.
- Cut a circle out of cardboard that will fit inside the jar and rest on the bottom of the jar.
- Glue the cardboard tube on one end to the middle of the cardboard circle. Set inside the jar.
- Fill all around the tube with nuts, bolts, etc., leaving the tube empty.
- Glue twine all around the lid of the jar, beginning on the bottom edge of the lid. Continue gluing and wrapping twine until the top is completely covered.
- Cut out letters from craft foam to spell DAD. Glue on top of lid. (Photo shows jar without the nuts, bolts, etc.)
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Fill a Mason jar with Dad's favorite treats (healthy or not so much) for a fun Father's Day gift jar. Add a paper tie and it's ready to gift.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.