Father's Day Jar Crafts
Mason jars can be used to make a thoughtful Father's Day gift. Have the kids make Dad a personalized jar to store his valuables or other items in. Or share a jar of goodies with the father figures in your life.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Father's Day is just around the corner. Why not let the kids create a secret safe for Dad's valuables.
Approximate Time: Under 1 hour
- medium size wide mouth jar with lid
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- craft foam letters (D-A-D)
- nuts, bolts, screws
- empty toilet paper tube
- small scrap of cardboard
- Cut the empty cardboard tube to the same height as the jar.
- Cut a circle out of cardboard that will fit inside the jar and rest on the bottom of the jar.
- Glue the cardboard tube on one end to the middle of the cardboard circle. Set inside the jar.
- Fill all around the tube with nuts, bolts, etc., leaving the tube empty.
- Glue twine all around the lid of the jar, beginning on the bottom edge of the lid. Continue gluing and wrapping twine until the top is completely covered.
- Cut out letters from craft foam to spell DAD. Glue on top of lid. (Photo shows jar without the nuts, bolts, etc.)
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Fill a Mason jar with Dad's favorite treats (healthy or not so much) for a fun Father's Day gift jar. Add a paper tie and it's ready to gift.