Making a Father's Day Favor Gift Jar
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
June 15, 2019
Mason jars are affordable and make great gift giving presents with a reusable purpose. You can fill the jar up and decorate the outside. Then the recipient can use the mason jar as a jar, cup, for organizing purposes, etc., essentially it won't be trash.
Here's a Father's Day jar I made for my father-in-law. He can bring these healthy bars to work. This concept could apply as a groomsmen's gift as well (with the tie) and filled with homebred cookie bites, alcohol filled candy, or personalize each jar to groomsmen's candy liking, or something that can fit inside. You can also write a hidden message/note underneath the tie as a special touch.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- scrapbook paper
- Mason jar
- chia bars
- Fill jar with choice of items that you want to give to your father. In my jar, I added Health Warrior chia bars.
- Ready to customize the cap of the jar. You can trace the cap onto plain colored paper and write in your dad's name, or personalize using any method you would like. I used this heart scrapbook paper as the center of the cap. Trace the cap and cut to size. Then place paper in the lid and screw on cap to jar.
- Measure the lid size (height) and cut white paper long enough to fit around the jar. Then secure paper in place with tape. This will serve like the collar of a shirt.
- Use your choice of scrapbook paper pattern, this will be the tie. Flip over and freehand draw the tie shape and cut it out. Underneath the tie, you can write a Father's Day note.
- Glue the tie to the center of the jar/onto the white strip (collar). Now you are ready to give this jar favor or gift away!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.