Fee for Light House Cleaning

I need information on rates to pay an hour for light house work. I am temporarily restricted due to shoulder and need help. I offered to pay my friend's 20 year old daughter to help me 2 to 3 hrs a day, 1 or 2 days a week. She would do dishes, sweep kitchen, take out trash, wipe off the table, and straighten up the living area. It's only a small single floor home with 2 bed rooms, a bath, kitchen and living room. It's only light cleaning, just to keep my head above ground. What would be a fair price? I'm on a budget, live in a small east coast town, and am doing this out of necessity. I don't want to offend anyone because we're good friends. Her mom worked for a local company and got paid $20 per hour.

Thank you.

Best Answer

I pay my younger lady friend $10 an hour 8 hours a month or 4 hours every two weeks. It is worth it to me as I have 1216 square foot of linoleum flooring to mop and clean. She comes twice a month 4 hours each time.

Anonymous

That is very cheap!

Anonymous

That's so cheap

Well how much would u pay someone to do a townhouse for to move in

Why not think about your budget and decide what you can afford then ask the young lady what she thinks would be fair? Surely the two of you could negotiate and come to an agreement? You might also want to make a few calls to cleaning companies in your area to see what others are charging / paying.

20 .00 per hr is spot on. You have to realise,she is working on her own,no help no payouts,so no overhead,

some people work at somebody's house instead of working at walmart etc because it is a nice quiet job.. no pressure n no small talks.. if u have some one honest to clean your house , pay her good atleast $15 an hour. older ladies r more caring they love their job.

I would agree with $15-$20 an hour! I think that is a fair price!